Remember the Siren

  • 1
Remember Yuri? or even in more past, M.A.D tank? Do you hate Generals and Renegade more than anything ? If you are, then you would be very happy with this news released recently by EA Games. No, you should be jumping happily because its about Command & Conquer : Red Alert 3 ! *sigh* Finally ...

During my early years of having my own computer, C&C Red Alert is one the games that affected me the most. The quality of its sound and animation (or sprite, old days) was enough to keep me skirmishing Allied forces over and over. Long time after Red Alert and a real-time strategy game like it seems hard to come by. Somebody said that Starcraft was the best but somehow, I'm in the mood of denial.

Remember this ? - Copyright of its respective owner

After being able to get my hand on Red Alert 2, I was sceptical. Can people re-create a great game ? I silently watch the opening cinematic. Not before long indulged into the games, my skeptism was swept away by the game awsomeness. Huge unit variation, missions with tactical element and superb sound effect kept me on my seat for many days. Seriously..

And now, after a tedious wait stretching more than five years, EA released a Beta Red Alert 3. I headed to their official site right after I knew about it and I was smilling when I saw the screenshots. Yes, it is Red Alert 3. No doubt about it.

Never play near water with electric current - Copyright of its respective owner

Preparing for an assault - Copyright of its respective owner

Unlike other producers whom prefers spoilling great title for the sake of console gamers (graphic & gameplay), EA sucessfuly keep the Red Alert-ish look and feeling in Red Alert 3. Based on the screenshots, I must say EA is currently doing a good job in gathering new fans while retaining Red Alert veterans.

So, any Red Alert fan out there willing to share a view ? Shoot away before the great V4 arrives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Game2...
ish..